Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kicking, screaming, and stomping my feet!

I had a momentary episode of "I feel sorry for myself" tonight. It lasted for about ten minutes. I cried. I got over it.

For some reason I became very discontented with our current circumstances, and, of course, my husband got the brunt of the meltdown. Lucky him. It probably would have been better for both of us if I were like our 20 month old daughter: I could have just kicked and stomped and yelled- without anyone knowing what the cause was. Then, I would have just gone on with the rest of my night. Oh, but not me....

For some reason I sabotage my own mind, and, my marriage, by entertaining selfish, annoying, flat-out ungodly thoughts... now I'm mad about my meltdown... really?!! (Maybe I need to refresh with a little Joyce Meyer and Battlefield of the Mind).

What God is whispering to me now: "Enough kicking, screaming, and stomping your feet; I am good; your circumstances are far from despair; you need to relax; My timing is perfect; be still.... just be still...."

A gentle "swat" in the ego tonight from my Lord.... and now an apology to my husband.

Good bye pride.

Humble pie is what I'll be eating tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment