Monday, July 23, 2012

Something is Coming....

I have this sense of urgency to DO something! Anything! Already my words cannot do my thoughts justice as I sit contemplating what it is that God is calling us to DO. For too long our family has been centered around 'us'- the four of us- our needs/wants/desires.

I am over it.

God has been stirring my heart and my mind has finally caught up.

My epiphany.

My ah-ha moment.

This life, it's not about us. It was never intended to be about us- our desires, wants, and needs. Life is about bringing glory to our Lord and being the hands and feet of Jesus to the world. Being the Light in the darkness.

There can be no darkness in light.

The shift is here. No more will we be inward focused and self-seeking. We are earnestly praying and seeking that Lord will reveal to us how we are to reach out and serve Him. I have no idea what that will look like- but, honestly, I don't really care. I will do what He asks; I will go where He tells me to go.

Of course, even in writing this my mind has already gone to the "Oh gosh... what is God calls us to the jungles of Equador? Or the Sahara Desert? What will we do about Brooke and her cardiologists and cleft palate team....?"

Blah blah blah!

He will provide a way. It probably won't be moving halfway across the globe, but, the fact is that I have to be willing to do WHATEVER it is. And I have to be ready to love on people the way Jesus did!

Oh, Lord, prepare my heart and equip me with your Truth.

Something is Coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment