Friday, March 29, 2013

What's in a Name...

Today I received a call from the doctor's office with the test results- it looked like perfection... no chromosomal abnormalities that they found!
 
Then she asked if I wanted to know the sex... of course!
 
It is a boy!
 
I was shocked as I thought it would have been a girl (shows what I know :))!
 
What was even more amazing was that Rob, while fishing earlier today (before we found out it was a boy), had a name pop into his head.... so.... here it is....
 
Clay Andrew Wrona- March 14, 2013
 
This is probably not a name that we would have considered if not for the circumstances, but, considering its meaning, it is perfect.
 
First, Clay means immortal- which our sweet boy is!
 
And of course 2 Corinthians 4:7 states, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." (NIV)
 
And the NLT states it as, "We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves."
 
Such a great reminder of how fragile life is- as we are molded and crafted by the great Creator.
 
Second, Andrew means man or warrior. And, Andrew was the first of the 12 disciples Jesus chose!
 
It was interesting to know that Rob had those two names pop into his head today when we didn't even know that we had a boy- we believe that it is the name he is meant to have and that God revealed that to Rob today.
 
And.... as my doctor told me that, "It's a boy..." I had this immediate vision of my son, riding on the clouds at the trumpet call with our Lord, fighting in that final battle!
 
What a purpose God has for Clay Andrew Wrona and how privileged Rob and I are to be his parents!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Thanks for sharing. What a blessing to know his gender and name him! We only attempted to test our second loss (first was too early), and they weren't able to tell anything...now I wish we'd tried with the others. I guess we just have an extra lot to look forward to in heaven!

    ReplyDelete