Thursday, September 8, 2011

Exhausted!

 I am exhausted! We have had such a milestone hitting week that it has caused this Mommy to burn out!

My sweet baby boy has not only cut his first tooth (with the second soon to come), but he has also found his voice. And, might I say, he is extremely loud! I remember this time with Brooke- it was funny then because I could just take a nap when she napped the next day- you know, when they decide to "practice" their new found skills all night long!

Seriously?!

As much as I would like to say that I enjoy hearing Shane's new screeching capabilities all night long- I don't (is it alright to say that?)! He is really good at, and ever so proud of, his new skill that I swear, the neighbors could hear him if his window was open!

So obviously I did not sleep last night or the night before due to the excessive squealing that came from the room next to mine! And, come to think of it, this constant waking in the night has gone on for oh... I don't know... about two weeks..... oh, nope, I mean six months!

This Mommy is ready for some good deep sleep! Cat naps throughout the night aren't doing it for me anymore....

It was trying to survive today- with Rob working a long orientation day- that I really began to question whether or not I really could homeschool our kids like we are planning.... the constant "there-ness" of kids, continuing to give up the "me" time that I sometimes desperately crave.... postponing any great career endeavors....

But then I hear the whisper... the one that I am called to obey and want desperately to follow: "Bethany. Bethany. This is the career I have for you! Your family is your job. Educating your own children is what I am calling you to. Do not fear! I will provide rest for the weary- I always do! I will provide for all of the needs and desires of your heart. Be still, my daughter, and know that I am God....

Tonight we will rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment