Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Year...

Well... another year has come and gone. As I enter into this 30th year of my life I can't help but reflect on the previous 29 and all the events that have shaped who I am today.

My 29th birthday was wonderful- it was the first birthday that I was able to celebrate with BOTH of my kids! I loved waking up as a Mommy-of-two this year! It was amazing... the day just kept getting better and better.

It was just an ordinary day for me... a day in the life of a stay at home mom of two little ones. Nothing significant at all.... Well... I shouldn't say that. We spent the evening celebrating my niece Ellie's 5th birthday. It was great being at a party for a little person that I love so much. She was sooo excited to watch me open the present she made me... she even wanted to open the present we gave her first! Ellie got this cute little look on her face every time we would look at each other and she would say something like, "It's your birthday today, and we are having a party for me, too!" She was excited to share a day with me, and, that was a great gift.
We also got to watch the emotional news special about Ellie's mom, Nichole. I wrote about her a few weeks ago... we watched the 6:00 news as she relived the events of earlier on August 12- where she met the doctors and nurses that saved her life during her cardiac arrest. It was a very special moment to share with her; her friends, and our family.

I have to say that I am "uber" (what's with that word anyway?!) excited about this upcoming year. I feel more like ME than I have in a long time. I don't know if it was all the pregnancy hormones that my body literally had two full years of, or what, but, I am finally feeling like I can live! I find myself smiling more, flying by the seat of my pants more, and, just being nicer! HA! I actually WANT to see people now... weird, huh?!

I do have a goal for the year... It's kind of a silly one, but, for me, it's huge! I hope to NOT have a baby during this year of my life! HA! Yes, we definitely want more kids, and, we wouldn't want to wait a long time in between Shane and the next little Wrona, but, I NEED a break. My body NEEDS a break. And, Rob NEEDS a wife! I hope that the Lord honors this desire that we have for some time!

Here's to one more year!

2 comments: