Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Being a Mommy Isn't for Whimps..."

... is often a quote I hear from my mom. This has become my daily mantra. When I am exhausted and running on only 4 hours of sleep, I remember that I have been granted the toughest, most noble job that was ever created. Being a mom requires energy that I didn't even know that I had. Sometimes I want to quit- when the crying has lasted just a little too long; when the food is flying all over the walls; when I have a baby on each hip while trying eat something (anything!)-
At those moments I remember that, "Being a Mommy Isn't for Whimps!" I take a deep breath and look at the faces of the two most precious people on the planet: my "Brookie" and "Shaner Shane." That's what makes it worth while... through their tears, and often mine, I realize that I can do this- I HAVE to do this! And then, in the words of Larry the Cable Guy, I "get 'er done."
"Mommyhood" requires sacrifice on all levels. From the physical to the emotional to the financial- sacrifice is vital. But, I think that people view the word "sacrifice" in a negative way. Sure it stretches you and can be downright painful, but, it is a glorious, beautiful, breathtaking (literally) service of love to the little people that deserve it the most.

What sacrifices are you making in "Mommyhood" today?

1 comment: