Thursday, March 1, 2012

A promise...

In chapter four of the book of James a promise is made that I am clinging to and claiming today.

"Draw near to the Lord, and he will draw near to you."

Quite frankly, this week I've been a mess- for no apparent reason! I have been on the verge of a full blown panic attack (or what I can only imagine is one coming) for three days now. My heart racing, the anxiety building- choking the life right out of me... THIS IS NOT ME!

It is so strange- just when I start to feel a little momentum I hit a brick wall that is so hard and so high that it plain knocks me right out.  Flat out. Cold. Whoa.

Today, by God's mercy and grace he gave me this promise, once again. When I needed it the most.

His whisper: "Bethany, just draw near to me. Everything is fine. I am here. I know what I am doing. Trust me. Move into me and I will wrap you in the safety and power of my love. 'Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God! I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' "

I will not be anxious about tomorrow, next week, or next month. I will not fear the unknown. I will trust that my Lord is moving mountains in our lives and that, in His perfect timing His will will unravel before my eyes- when that happens I will look back at today, and yesterday and remember how much time and energy I wasted being anxious.....

Finally.... peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment